Post by Thom Fitzpatrick on Nov 24, 2012 7:39:44 GMT -8
Installed and engine last night and got it fired up for the first time. This is actually the engine out of my '62; when I got the '63, the engine for the '62 was about 1/2 way done, and the engine for the '63 was missing a lot of bits, so I decided to go ahead and finish the rebuild and pop it in the '63 for the short term.
Post by Lee Hedges on Nov 24, 2012 14:51:44 GMT -8
I believe the wires in the rear were always mounted through the bumper bracket holes, on the inner flat side of the rubber seal.
But when the dual horns were relocated from the inner spare tire well to the outer front bumper brackets, holes were pressed into the front nose valence so the horn wires could easily be connected to the horns.
Post by Thom Fitzpatrick on Nov 30, 2012 13:27:02 GMT -8
Got the rear ride height where I think I want it; it has some wicked rake now. I curse and thank the PO for his work here; I curse him for lowering it, which makes more work for me, but I thank him for taking everything apart, cleaning, and painting/powdercoating/undercoating it all. I think this is the cleanest undercarriage I've ever worked on.
Post by Thom Fitzpatrick on Dec 2, 2012 19:33:23 GMT -8
I think the tank that came with the '63 was NOS; it didn't have a scratch on it, no rust at all, and it had this sticker on it. Unfortunately it's the wrong tank - it has a "hump" on one side, I assume for expansion, and the overflow tube is a lot larger. I'll run it for now until I can restore another tank.
In my tank investigating today, I discovered that the tank in the '62 has no overflow tube.